Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Badminton and TangYuan (sweet dumplings)

So, yesterday was the final day of the Chinese new year. (yeah, I feel like it's been a long time too) With it came a whole bunch of fireworks, but also, tang yuan. Or, sweet dumpling soup. Eating tang yuan is a tradition on the last day of the new year and so this past weekend I decided to host a little party and invited some girlfriends over to try to make some. Selena brought some ingredients; we started with glutinous rice flour and mixed in some water which then makes it feels like play-dough. We then add red bean paste or sesame paste and roll it into a ball. After boiling you eat them in their soup. They are like soft hot mochi balls and are pretty filling. I still have a bunch left in my fridge so I hope there is another holiday soon so I can finish these, haha.

Also, I tried playing badminton for the first time! Wilson, a friend of mine, was a champ in the Bay area, so he taught me some pointers. I think I might just stick to tennis... I could hardly hit the birdie.



No comments:

Post a Comment