Sunday, April 26, 2009

Snacks

I went out to Tai Kang Lu with Bec the other day and the weather is getting so nice here! It's sunny and warm- if you wanted to visit now is the time. We stopped to get some ice cream from a kiosk and we decided to try new flavors. I was intrigued by a package that had a corn pic on it. After confirming that it was *not* a frozen corn on the cob, I decided to get that. (it was 1RMB btw which is like 15 cents.) To my surprise it was really good! Think corn dog, where the dog is the ice cream and the corn is the cone. Albiet a tag soggy from being in the bag, the outside waffle shell had corn imprints on it, teehee.

Walking around my neighborhood today, I saw a woman popping popcorn on a mobile stand. Chinese really like sweet popcorn (bleh!) so I asked her to improvise and instead of sugar to add salt.

Okay, and just to add another one so that you don't go away thinking corn is the only snack- this last photo is me next to the Shanghai Glico factory. props to you if you know what that company is famous for. ...pocky! We drove by it on the way to a bicycle factory we were checking out. No free samples, but I still thought it was cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment