Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I went looking to buy a sewing machine and bought a bike

I was thinking about making some of my own softgood products (very inspiring, this Shanghai) from felt bags to dolls and went to look for a sewing machine last Sunday. There's a local electronics mart next to me (3 floors of random kiosks selling just about every gadget you can imagine) so of course I thought I'd be able to find some cheap imitation Singer or something. Well, no. Seems like these are harder to come by- but I did spot a bike kiosk. And was intrigued by the variety they had. I had been considering buying a folding bike in the Bay area but thought they were too expensive and also too heavy. Well, this one stood out- it's a "A-Bike" imitation and folds up in like 10 seconds and is super light.

Here are some photos below... I need to get one of me riding it. It's surprisingly faster than it looks, and the steering takes a bit of time to get used to as it makes for sharp turns. Bay area Caltrain, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment