Thursday, April 9, 2009

Living la vida local shopping

Ah, So I'm getting back into the swing of things in Shanghai... which means buying stuff! Yesterday Christine, Selena and I went to this "black market" glasses shop which had some designer frames and we went to go see their selection. I got a decent pair of black acetate frames. The cool thing about China is that delivery, extra labor, etc. sometimes is at no cost. They are going to hand deliver them to my office after making and installing the lenses so I don't have to come pick it up! (which is good, because it was so hard to find that I doubt I will find the place again, doh.)
Also, Eddie and I went to a sports store after work to look for some astroturf shoes so I can play soccer with our work team. We went to Decathlon, a French store, which is huge in China! For those who don't know, it's like a Sports Authority, and they had a ton of selection. I bought a pair of red and white ones since they are our team colors. ... and they didn't have the black ones I liked in my size. Thomas and I caught up for dinner tonight and I bought a red Shanghai Niketown shirt to thus complete my "jersey" for the team. Seeing that there is no game this Sat and I am out of town next weekend, I sure hope I can use these shoes and shirt more than just a couple times!!

The weather is getting really nice here. I came back and the temp has been like 70 degrees and sunny (!). Spring came while I was gone... unfortunately I've heard that this nice weather won't last too long... and it will be blistering hot before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment