Sunday, January 11, 2009

Singapore

I had a last minute (and when I say last minute, I mean 1 pm, team decides I should go, 3 pm get passport back from the China Visa place, 4 pm book flights, 11pm leave) trip to Singapore! I had to be there for a meeting on Thursday and stayed until Sat. I knew Singapore was an international city, but I didn't realize how diverse and multicultural it is. There are Malaysian, Chinese, Indian, European, and all sorts of other influences. It's quite inspiring as a place for design. I hate taking pictures of McDonalds, but I thought that their current promotion of the new year"Mega Prosperity burger" was interesting. The manikins below are also multiracial, and the amusing thing is that they covered the women's busts in dark pantyhose. Nice workaround. I hung out with Sue, a friend and co-worker who's family is there and they showed me around. The beach was pretty nice! It was so good to be in 85degree weather- much better than the Shanghai 20's. The beach picture shows a lot of cargo ships in the background, showing Singapore's status as the world's busiest port.






No comments:

Post a Comment