Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years

I went with Thomas and Selena, both local coworkers , to the CokeCola New year count-down party. Thomas knew the organizer and it was outside near the Oriental Pearl Tower. There were some big name performers like some ABC (American Born Chinese) guy, Wong Lee Hom. Funny thing was, we all went out to a KTV (karaoke bar) beforehand (with dinner buffer included!) and sang some songs that he and another performer (which we didn't know was coming) sang at the show. I still sang American songs at the KTV bar, but my goal is that by the end of this rotation, I will whole-heartedly be able to sing some of the Chinese classics in Chinese! Wish me luck... I actually do think its a pretty good way to learn Chinese, albeit the tones are all way off.






No comments:

Post a Comment