Saturday, June 27, 2009

Warm welcome coming back from US

I got back from a 10 day trip from the US last Monday.  I'm astonished at how much my Chinese degraded from just those 10 days!  I had a few stops- in St. Louis, Chicago, and then San Francisco to see friends/family on the weekends, and then work during the week. So good to see friends there! Here's a pic from the "Bean" in Chicago and a view of SF from Mt.Tam on a hike with Eli.
When I got back to Shanghai, we had to stay on the plane an extra 45 minutes as the guys in hazmat suits tested everyone's temperature with an infra-red gun.  (China is still overly concerned about H1N1... or maybe it's all just an excuse to lock certain people away for a bit)  Not the most welcoming gesture, and I think my temperature rose .4 degrees just being worried if I'd pass. whew! no one was quarantined on the flight.




No comments:

Post a Comment