Friday, December 26, 2008

Vacation with the family- Beijing

So after Xian, we went to Beijing for 4 days. We booked a couple tours; one to the Great Wall and one around the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, adn the Temple of Heaven. It was the coldest I've ever felt- I think this was due to the fact that these tours were all outside and there was no place to warm up! Even the tourist shops on site were freezing. The recorded low was 10F, but with windchill, I'm not sure how low it went! It got to a point where one couple in our tour wanted to stay put and wait for us. We literally visited the Summer Palace on the first day of Winter (the 21st!) and it was the coldest day in Beijing so far, how ironic.

We also went to the Badaling area of the Great wall. That was great- especially since it was further north, and although it was still cold, the air was fresher and much cleaner. I unfortunately dropped my camera (arrgh!) and used my Mom's camera for a bit. In the next few days we visited the Olympic sites, did some shopping, and went on a tour through the Hutongs- these are the older alleyway neighborhoods of Beijing. My mom and I are in one of the pedicabs that took us around.










No comments:

Post a Comment