Monday, December 29, 2008

My apartment!

So, my parents have now left, and I can start settling in, for real. I thought I'd start by showing some pics from my apartment. In case you wanted to send me anything, those cards below don't give the whole address, its actually:
Room 903, Building D, Lane 555 Nan Chang Road, 200031, Shanghai, China

I have one bedroom, a study, one bathroom, a kitchen and a couple closets. Its got a balcony, washer/dryer, water cooler, and internet! The study has a pull out bed so please let me know if you want to stop by. A couple of things differ from the western world- for one thing there is no dishwasher. Now, I don't even have a dishwasher in SF, but here they are like UV sanitation heaters, I'll take a picture in a bit. Also, I have a washer and a separate dryer, which is outside on the balcony! People rarely have dryers here, they hang there clothes outside. (watch out, I've had some dripping underpants drip on my head walking on the street!) I have a decent view from my apartment as well, if only it weren't so hazy all the time.

My apartment came furnished but I had to get a few things, and where else to go but.... IKEA??! Yeah, I was just as surprised. But honestly, when you have to get a few things quickly and want it done in one stop, it really is a good place. The Chinese find it a little upscale and surprisingly the prices are pretty much the same in USD.

I also bought my first "cute" purchase outside the IKEA. Hey, I needed a laundry bin! :)







1 comment: