Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The first weekend


The weekend was a great learning experience. I checked out the local McDonalds, went to where I unexpectedly ordered the spicy chicken wings, went to a department store where I thought it must have been China's black Friday or something since the lines were all at least 20 people deep, and also got a taste of Shanghai local shopping. My friend Rick visited coincidentally and stayed in my extra room. (pics of my place to come). I went with Sue and Eric to pick up their custom made jacket and suit (each for only $40 USD!). Also went to an electronics mall, which is 6 floors of every electronic gadget you can think of, fake and real. Met up with a group of local Shanghainese to play pool as well. That night we saw this kid in a fuzzy costume playing with a balloon, too cute for words :)

2 comments: