Monday, July 13, 2009

Ping Pong Playa' IDEO style

I helped organize the first annual Ping Pong Tournament at IDEO Shanghai last Friday, and I'll just say that it went waay beyond our expectations!  We already have a table in the basement, but we rented another one for just the afternoon to have a level I and II bracket.  Just about everyone played and we even had doubles matches as well. With food, beer, bubble tea and awards, it was an awesome afternoon... and we should definitely do it more often!  The two good pics here were taken by Jerome Goh, and are much better than mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,

    Would you happen to know any public places in Shanghai where ping pong is played?

    I'm a photographer from New York working on a personal project about ping pong, http://www.douglasljungkvist.com/projects/ping-pong

    I will be visiting Shanghai in April 2010 and hope to find as many places as possible where ping pong is played to photograph for my project, both out/indoors.

    Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

    Cheers,

    Douglas
    http://www.DouglasLjungkvist.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Douglas,

    Hmm, I think there are some neighborhood ping pong places within the communities. I can't think of any right off the top of my head, but definitely remember seeing them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete